To establish the best old-age care practices of a developed economy at a cost affordable to the Indian elderly, AVI has entered into a knowledge sharing agreement with MHA of UK. MHA is a leading charity providing care homes, housing and support services for older people throughout Britain. Established 65 years ago, MHA now delivers a range of services to over 13,500 individuals, having a direct and indirect manpower base of 10,000. Their services are spread over two retirement villages, 70 residential, nursing and special dementia care homes, 50 sheltered housing with care and 50 community projects.
MHA has agreed to support AVI in:
- Objectives and measures of performance
- Designing specifications for Senior Living Communities
- Reviewing building plans
- Assist in developing activities, hobbies and other methods of engagement so as to ensure a healthy, mentally stimulating atmosphere in the Senior Living Communities
Systems and management
- Policies and procedures for human resources services, including health and safety, training, and personnel.
- Protocols ensuring fair contractual relationships between the Senior Living Community and the residents
- Advice on size of facilities and level of manpower
- Assist in establishing policies, systems and operating manuals
- Train key managers and staff
- Assist in working out a detailed healthcare (including assisted and dependent care) and record keeping system
- Provide a system for monitoring performance
- Annual audit and review of services
Auchlochan Retirement Village is one of their retirement living community initiatives. It houses 400 older people within 50 acres of beautifully landscaped woodlands, mature gardens and lakes in the hills of South Lankashire, Scotland.
MHA, UK details are given below:
MHA Care Group Epworth House Stuart Street Derby DE1 2EQ